Frequently Asked Questions
- When and Where do you meet?
– We meet on Tuesdays at 7.00pm and Thursdays at 6.30pm at the Harrogate Squash Club, Plantation Avenue.
- Can I come for a trial period before joining?
– Of course. You are welcome to come along for few sessions (free of charge) before making a decision on club membership.
- How much are your annual subscriptions?
– Annual subscription charges are reviewed annually and reflected on our membership page
- Is there a charge per training session?
– No. The cost of training sessions is covered in your annual subscription.
- Where can you buy Harriers running kit?
– You can buy club clothing (vests, T-shirts, fleeces etc) at Up & Running in Harrogate. Cash payment is required as you are actually buying directly from the club. We don’t do Mastercard or Visa yet!
- Do members receive discounts in any local stores?
– All club members are entitled to a 10% discount at Up & Running in Harrogate
- What standard do you have to be to join the club?
– We do not have any entry standards. Harrogate Harriers caters for all levels of runner, whether you are a beginner or seasoned campaigner.
- Do you have a Juniors section?
– We have a thriving Juinors section, see their own section of the website for more details
- Do you have to compete in races?
– There is absolutely no pressure to compete in races, though as time goes on you might enjoy doing one or two! We do hold our own social competitions during the warmer months and all members are welcome to join in, however there is no obligation to do so.
- What is the Harrogate Summer League that I keep hearing about?
– The HDSRL (Harrogate & District Summer Race League) is a series of inter-club races, involving several local clubs and are run on week nights during the suimmer. Harrogate Harriers will pay your entry fee to these races and you can compete in the series of 5 races and final handicap event. A great way to get introduced to racing and other club members.
- Can I get a key to the Squash Club?
– The club is given an allocation of keys by the Squash Club and they are available for a deposit of £5. Ask any member of the committee about getting one.