2019 Harrogate Harriers Club Championship
The championship table is updated on a regular basis by our Club Championship Administrator (Geoff Hirst), usually soon after a given race has taken place.
The 2019 Club Championship
races are detailed below, please study the details carefully:
You are invited to compete in three x Evening Leagues races, two x 10Ks, one x 10M and one x half-marathon from the list below, meaning points can be accrued from a maximum of seven races. As with last year, you will still retain a finishing place on the Championship Table in the event that you don’t complete all seven races, however in order to do so you will need to run at least one x Evening League race, one x 10K, 1 x 10M and one x 1/2 marathon, so a minimum of four races in order to qualify. You are still eligible for category wins if you meet the minimum requirement (assuming you amass the most points). This means that if you miss one race due to illness or injury, you can still complete the other races and gain points towards your total.
Additionally, if you do ANY RECOGNISED ROAD MARATHON worldwide you will be awarded an extra 10 points. If you do a second half marathon from the list below you will be awarded an extra 5 points, irrespective of how many club members take part. Note that this can only take place on a single occasion, so running two marathons will not generate you an extra 20 points!
The scoring for Men’s and Ladies results will continue to be separate. 30 points will be awarded to the first male finisher and to the 1st female, irrespective of how many members take part in a given race. Each finisher that follows will receive 1 point less, so 2nd place will get 29 points, 3rd place will get 28 points and so on. If more than 30 members compete, each person after the 30th runner will be awarded a single point. It follows therefore that the maximum total points that could be accrued by a single member is 225. If two or more match that total, then finishing times will be reviewed in order to generate the overall champion.
Unless indicated otherwise, the points will be awarded based on gun time, i.e. if you cross the line first, you get the points no matter what. There are certain situations (such as the Great North Run and Leeds Abbey Dash) where the points will be awarded based on chip time, in these races it is quite possible for a runner to finish behind another club member but still run an appreciably faster time. The affected races are marked [C] below.
: We are hosting an Evening League event this year and therefore there will be no qualifying points for our race, however if you race, marshal or otherwise support the event (by prior arrangement) that will count as one of your three qualifiers. The Norman Smith Handicap will count as a qualifying race for the club championship but will not attract any points.
Second Claim Members
: You must enter any given race as a Harrogate Harrier in order for it to count towards the Club Championship. For example, if your first claim club is Leeds A.C. and you run a given race under those colours, it cannot count. You MUST have entered as a Harrogate Harrier and wear the appropriate club vest.
If you change age categories during the year, your age on June 30th 2019 will be the one used to calculate results.
- HDSRL Race #1 – TBA
- HDSRL Race #2 – TBA
- HDSRL Race #3 – TBA
- HDSRL Race #4 – TBA
- HDSRL Race #5 – TBA
- Dewsbury - 9am, 3rd February 2019 (entry info) [C]
- Fountains - 11am, 19th May 2019 (entry info)
- Melmerby - 26th May 2019 (entry info TBA)
- Stavely Stampede - 11am, 23rd June 2019 (entry info)
- Burton Leonard - 11am, 14th July 2019 (entry info)
- Wetherby - 2pm, 1st September 2019 (entry info)
- Leeds Abbey Dash - 3rd Nov 2019 (tbc) (entry info TBA) [C]
- Reserve Race: Kirkbymoorside - 5th May (entry info)
10 Mile Races
- Thirsk - 10am 17th March 2019 (entry info)
- Vale of York - 9:30am, 14th April 2019 (entry info)
- Ripon - 10am, 12th May 2019 (entry info)
- Otley - 7:30pm, 12th June 2019 (entry info TBA)
- Guy Fawkes - 10:30am, 3rd November 2019 (entry info TBA)
- Tadcaster - 10am, 17th November 2019 (entry info)
- Reserve Race: Burnsall – TBA
- Leeds Half - 9:30am, 12th May 2019 (entry info)
- Burn Valley - 10am, 7th July 2019 (entry info)
- Great North Run - 10am, 8th September 2019 (entry info) [C]
- Vale of York - 9:30am 15th September 2019: entry opens 1st March 2019
- Reserve Race: Redcar – TBA