Frequently Asked Questions
An overview of some questions we are commonly asked. If there is anything further you wish to know, please feel free to come along or send us an email.
- When and Where do you meet?
– Lots of options available normally starting at the Harrogate Squash & Fitness Centre. For more detail see training section
- Can I come for a trial period before joining?
– Of course. You are welcome to come along for few sessions (free of charge) before making a decision on club membership.
- How much are your annual subscriptions?
– Annual subscription charges are reviewed annually and reflected on our membership page
- Is there a charge per training session?
– No. The cost of training sessions is covered in your annual subscription.
- Where can you buy Harriers running kit?
– You can buy club clothing (vests, T-shirts etc). Contact our chairman for details.
- Do members receive discounts in any local stores?
– All club members are entitled to a 10% discount at Up & Running in Harrogate and we have some other great discounts updated in our regular newletters for members.
- What standard do you have to be to join the club?
– We do not have any entry standards. Harrogate Harriers caters for all levels of runner, whether you are a beginner or seasoned campaigner.
- Do you have a Juniors section?
– We have a thriving Juniors section, see website for more details
- Do you have to compete in races?
– There is absolutely no pressure to compete in races, though as time goes on you might enjoy doing one or two! We do hold our own social competitions during the warmer months and all members are welcome to join in, however there is no obligation to do so.
- What is the Harrogate Summer League that I keep hearing about?
– The HDSRL (Harrogate & District Summer Race League) is a series of inter-club races, involving several local clubs and are run on week nights during the suimmer. Harrogate Harriers will pay your entry fee to these races and you can compete in the series of 5 races and final handicap event. A great way to get introduced to racing and other club members.